Saturday, October 30, 2010

30-day husband encouragement challenge for wives

I was surfing the web the other night, and came across the 30 Day Challenge - a way to not only encourage your husband, but a way for you, yourself, to grow spiritually. I can't say that I'm always up for a challenge, but this has intrigued me. And who doesn't need to grow spiritually? 
I've always known that you can improve and even change a marriage for the better by giving 100%. I have found that after 17 years of marriage, I have days where I seem to "pick" at my husband. I have no problem letting him know when I'm unhappy or frustrated with him. There are also days when he walks in the door and I hand the baby to him with barely a "hello" or a smile. I'm consumed with children running around the kitchen and clinging to my legs while I try to prepare dinner. I'm usually looking for any sort of relief so I can get it done. I let him know how tired or frustrated I am without a thought to his day. I know I should hug him and kiss him when he walks into the door - that's usually the plan - but life gets in the way and I fail.
This challenge brings to mind Luke 2:19 "But Mary kept all these words, pondering them in her heart."
My goal is always to be more like Mary...to keep things in my heart and not blurt them out of frustration. To really ponder things in my heart... to say less. Sometimes less is best and a kind smile or gentle "hello" can prevent hurt feelings and really build up a marriage. 
I'm beginning the challenge on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment