Monday, November 15, 2010

taste of fall: cream of mushroom soup

Cream of Mushroom Soup

So, you need to head over to Frugality and Crunchiness with Christy to find out the details of this fabulous Cream of Mushroom Soup. We made it for lunch this afternoon, and let me tell you, it was a hit!
We substituted the wheat flour/corn starch for Arrowroot to thicken it, and I added a smidge of nutmeg because I love nutmeg in cream soups. Other than that, we made it the same. Now, there are no more excuses to buy that canned cream soup full of additives when you have this nourishing recipe to base them off of!

2 comments:

  1. Awe, thanks for the linky love chica!! Your soup looks fabulous - I have never used arrowroot - how much does it take to thicken this??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy,I used 2 TBSP of water to 2 TBSP of Arrowroot (Bob's Red Mill) and it worked beautifully.

    ReplyDelete