Sunday, November 28, 2010

creamy coleslaw

Coleslaw


I've been making my own coleslaw dressing for years now. I like it a little sweet and a little vinegar-y. This combination works well. 
Depending on my mood, I will either shred the cabbage with a knife or with the food processor. I hate cleaning the food processor so it mostly gets done by hand. Remember to use fresh local or organic vegetables if you can. 


Shredding the cabbage by hand


Ingredients:
1 large head of cabbage, shredded (either by hand or with a food processor)
1 carrot, julienned 
2 green onions, chopped 


Dressing:
3/4 cup real mayonnaise (preferably homemade) 
3/4 cup sour cream
2-3 TBSP Bragg's vinegar
1 TBSP raw honey
1 tsp prepared mustard
1-2 tsp seasoning (like Mrs. Dash, etc. I like Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper


Directions:
Place the cabbage, carrot and onion in a large bowl and mix.


Mix the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and pour over the vegetables. 


Mix well.


Cover and let sit in refrigerator at least 3 hours prior to serving. 
I like to mix it up 24 hours ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment